1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Lycosa vs. Sidewinder X4

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkLord7854, 1 Feb 2010.

1. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/01/microsoft-busts-out-sidewinder-x4-anti-ghosting-keyboard/

I think I might finally be tempted away from my love of Razer with that sexy thing. Backlit keys + macros + anti-ghosting & up to 26 keys pressed at once? Sign me up.

(Unless, of course, Razer come out with an improved Lycosa with macros and all that shiny stuff).

Shame it's backlit in red though.. I much prefer black on blue.

Mircosoft also made a funny in the Press Release: "I Ain't Afraid of No Ghost" Ghostbusters reference win.

2. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

lol well USB only allows true 7 keys simultaneous so thats a marketing lie, in fact most usb boards are...

I suppose its only 60 bucks but seriously if you want an actually good keyboard buy a deck legend 104 tactile or a filco majestic

3. el2k

el2k Modder

Quote taken from the link....
    "I see Microsoft's re-branding of Razer products continues to go well :p"

He pretty much hit the nail on the head there....

4. theskirrid

theskirrid What's a Dremel?

I'm normally first to dis MS products, I had Vista with an nvidia card so I know suffering.

I have a Sidewinder X6 and it's epic. Smooth, responsive, nice to type on, masses of macros possible, dockable Num pad and no features just for the sake of them. Their Sidewinder keyboards really rock.

5. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

Perfect timing but I wish it had low profile keys or a comfort curve like the WED 8000. Mine has been acting up and am looking to replace. I can also vouch for Microsoft's keyboards they are solid.