1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple MacBook Hard Drive Upgrade

Discussion in 'Software' started by Orca, 6 May 2007.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

After upgrading to 2GB of RAM I'm thinking of upgrading my stock 60GB to something larger, maybe 100GB or 120GB. I was searching through this forum and found a few threads mentioning a certain Seagate drive at 7200rpm? But I was worried about heat and noise issues.

I saw this: Click

Too good to be true? I don't mind 5400rpm to be honest... doing fine with the stock one at the moment and just looking for more storage but don't want a loud one either.

edit: whoops sorry, changed the link to a sata one.

Last edited: 6 May 2007
  2. seebul

seebul Minimodder

I dont think that hard drive is SATA which is what you need for macbooks...

Changing them is pretty easy though done a couple and they just pull straight out. Also i wouldnt recomend going for 7200RPM your battery would take a nasty hit.

3. Phrozenpenguin

Phrozenpenguin What's a Dremel?

That should work fine. Its really easy hardware wise to swopout.

If you have an external drive, you can make a clone using superduper to the external, then swop internals, boot off the external, clone from external - new drive, then you are sorted.

4. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

With the google checkout its only £36.78 with super saver postage and google checkout. Been meaning to boost the drive space on my macbook since I bought it two months ago. Might actually do this and dual boot with vista.

Tags: