1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Malwarebytes moves to paid subscription model

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 3 Feb 2014.

1. mdshann

mdshann What's a Dremel?

You all need to run hitman pro after your most trusted scanner, especially if you found something. I work on computers, and run kaspersky, bitdefender, panda, trend micro, and mcafee standalone offline scanners (yes, one right after another from boot CDs that do update), followed by mbam, and hitman STILL finds stuff. Sometimes that's not enough and we still have to pour through the registry and even after all that a backup and reload is neccesary. It's getting pretty insane how good these guys have become.

Last edited: 5 Feb 2014
  2. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

The software is good too, if I do a full scan on everything, rather than a quick scan, it usually finds plenty. Very rarely a virus, but plenty of malware and that usually gets zapped by mbytes or spybot. I also have spybot running as a resident shield which seems to help a bit.

All in all seems to work, I'm still going strong since I got this hard disk and that's about 3 years now. Usually my PC's last about 5 years until something finally kills the OS and I have to format and start again.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

First LogMeIn, now this :(

So, Teamviewer, Avast and Hitman Pro then? Yup.