1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding masking black case?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by PsychoI3oy, 2 May 2004.

1. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

well i think i've come to the point where i'm nearly ready to cut my actual case with my nazgul/balrog designs. but i have a problem.

you can see here: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=607035&postcount=26 that i used the standard sharpie method of marking off what was to be cut for the testing on my old steel case, but that won't work on the new case as the insides of the panels are black. anyone have any ideas how to cleanly and neatly mark off the area i should cut?

2. Xipher

Xipher What's a Dremel?

I don't know exactly what its called, but they use the tape for masking areas for pinstriping on cars and stuff, its a very thin white tap, and might work. either that or just masking tape.

3. PsychoI3oy

PsychoI3oy Minimodder

yeah, that might be what i have to do, put the masking tape down, put the stencil on top, then cut off the masking tape. i was kinda hoping for something that wouldn't interfere with the dremmel, but now that i think about it, if i use duct tape it should really keep me from scratching the inside of the case >:) :dremel: (we need a duct tape smiley, too)

4. richtea78

richtea78 Guest

Im not an expert or anything but am I right in that what you are trying to do is fill in the areas of the template so that you know what areas to cut out? If so could you not fill it in with something like tippex and then cut round it?