1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Mass Effect 3 demo

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by spectre456, 16 Feb 2012.

1. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

Anybody played this yet?

Since it's mostly a gameplay demo then i'm gonna have to say that they could at least copy Gears of War in the third person cover shooter mechanics if they want a chance at getting it right (there's no blind fire and your head frequently sticks out of cover thereby letting you get shot). The walking and running animations also come across as stiff.

That't not why i like the series anyway. The story and drama is what kept me hooked and ME3 seems to be going all out.

thoughts?

2. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

GoW or rather "Chest High Walls 1, 2 & 3" had too much of a focus on cover mechanics imo, it was basically all it could do. And no I'm not a biased PS3 fanboy, I've got all platforms, and yet I found GoW to be chest high wall after chest high wall. Like Zero Punctuation says if there were no chest high walls, they would randomly fall out of the bloody sky to aid you in taking cover, again and again.

The ME3 demo feels very much like ME2 in context of combat and controls. Which is not fantastic, but ok. It's slightly prettier to look at, nothing fantastic (all hail the multiplatform limitations!!!)

But the story.. oh the story... some might say its being milked, but the underlying story was a trilogy right of the bat, easily. And I cant wait to roll into earth with every alien fleet I could rally like a boss, taking earth back. That's gonna have some sick atmosphere too it.

3. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

4. adzc1987

adzc1987 Minimodder

I played the xbox 360 demo recently, the use of the kinect so far appears to be voice commands (point to door say open, on coversations you can say what selection you want, ordering teammates around) not sure what else will be with kinect.

First major problem for me was the over shoulder firing, i was struggling to see anything due to Shephards body blocking the majority of the screen when zoomed, im sure this was the case in older games but its seems very noticeable on this one!

The demo crashed for me, but obv a demo so maybe not fully finished yet.

Dialog seems a bit....erm, cheesy? It seemed less mass effect more cheesy action movies lines, like everything that happens in the first mission, not as good as the starte of ME2 imo.

Graphics, i felt they werent any improvement (360 version) and look like they need polished off.

Otherwise more of the same i think, combat involves some rolls etc, but i would say mostly same as ME2.

Still i hope it picks up better later on in game.

5. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Dialogue is insanely cheesy, and Ashley Williams now looks like an Australian supermodel, complete with collagen-lips and too much makeup. I am seriously disappointed with what I have seen so far of the SP.

The multiplayer is actually quite entertaining, depending on how many maps they release with the full game it could be a middling time-sink.

6. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

dammit. how did i miss that thread. Could a mod close this then? :wallbash: