1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 10 Mar 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Release date: EU Thursday 23rd, NA Tuesday 21st of March 2017.

Platforms: PC, XB1, PS4.

Subscribers to Origin Access (PC) or EA Access (Xbox One) will get a 10-hour preview of the game beginning Thursday 16th of March 2017.

website | facebook | twitter | youtube | instagram | twitch

Last edited: 10 Mar 2017
  2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

trying REAL hard not to preorder.......

3. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THIS GAME RELEASES!

I loved all 3 of the previous games, even the ending of the 3rd.. Bring it on :)

4. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Mass Effect is the only reason i bought a xbox one yesterday,

Absolutely love the gameplay, stories, the whole experience! I missed having a Krogan in my squad last time but fingers crossed for this one!

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

^What he said.

Edit: except about the ending!

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This. I'm still gonna wait to see what happens at launch week. I love the franchise but it's EA and I've been burned before.

7. divitorobert

divitorobert What's a Dremel?

Some massive plotholes with the trilogy (Don't open if you don't want spoilers):

8. Hex

I'll probably grab EA Access to do the 10hr trial before launch and see how it goes. Doubt I'll get it at launch still though because prices drop so fast these days!

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Exactly this. I waited a few months and got Deus Ex in the sale and all the DLCs were made free. I know it's ME and that's a premium title for EA to milk the tits off, but I think I can wait, unless people report on orgasmic experiences or something to that effect.

10. Hex

Absolutely, if I play those 10hrs and I am dying for more and the reviews are all GOTY 5/7, then yeah maybe I'll get it at launch rather than waiting!

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I'm SOLD!

Try Mass Effect: Andromeda for a full 10 hours starting March 16 by joining EA Access on Xbox One or Origin Access on PC. Your progress carries over to the full game if you decide to buy.

you don't need to be an Xbox Live Gold member to use it. Double Sold

12. GravitySmacked

Me too, I've got Origin Access already, seems a no brainier.

13. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Only recently completed mass effect 3 so buzzing for more ME universe action!

Probably pick it up shortly after release.

14. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

****... Sorry guys I caved can got it for £35, prices where creeping up on key sites and I just got a cheap 1080

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Holy ****, the opening paragraphs from RPS are brutal

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/14/mass-effect-andromeda-review-opening-hours/

EDIT: OMG the whole thing is a shitheap, so claimed. Steering clear for now.

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Mar 2017
  16. GravitySmacked

There's a Twitter **** storm going on at the moment, the character animations do look awful.

I'm going to dive in tonight to see what's what but I have this uneasy feeling about it all. I'm a huge fan of the series and I'll be gutted if they've mess this one up. Saying that, the previews are only based on the first few hours and it's not a short game so hopefully it'll open out.

Also, some more impressions here:

http://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-mixed-feelings-about-the-first-few-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda/

17. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Dunno why anyone is surprised to be frank. Bioware have proven time and again they are content with taking perfectly good game IP's and running them into the ground.

KOTOR? One of the best RPG's ever. Old Republic MMO? Utter tosh.

Dragon Age: Origins? Great! Inquisition? Complete meh.

Mass Effect? Wow this is shiny and new and interesting. Andromeda? Would rather watch the TV series of the same name by the sounds of it...

They are probably only one rung below Bethesda right now in my bad book of.... ladders?

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Considering I didn't feel the nerdrage shared by so many at M3's ending, before the update, I'm still going to keep the preorder in place.

If it sucks I'll be disappointed, but eh. So many games turn out disappointingly, I'm not that surprised anymore.

19. Hex

Don't forget you can try it out for 10hrs and the progress carries over. You just need to have 1 month of Origin/EA Access. I think it's worth it.

20. GravitySmacked

Played for a couple of hours and, character animation aside (they are really bad), it doesn't feel like a Mass Effect game; it's all bit wonky. I don't think the move to Frostbite has helped in all honesty - something hasn't quite translated well.

All that being said, it looks great and I'm keen to see where the story goes. I'll give it some more time over the weekend and wait for the reviews but my initial impressions aren't where I thought they'd be :blah: