1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Master's Thesis on User Experience in Computer Assembly

Discussion in 'General' started by n.bagge, 19 Feb 2021.

1. n.bagge

n.bagge What's a Dremel?

Hi!

I'm a final year Industrial Design Engineering student from Sweden and I'm currently working on my master's thesis on user experience in computer assembly. I would very much like to hear about your experiences and opinions on computer assembly, so I've created two quick surveys. The end goal of this project is to design a computer chassis that accommodates a joyous, easy, and satisfactory assembly experience. The first survey is for everyone, regardless if you have or haven't built a pc. The secondary survey is only relevant to those that have built a pc.

Survey 1 (Main): Computer Building Experience
    https://forms.gle/497XBzMKTS1NQVX56
    Survey 2 (Secondary): Computers and form factors
    https://forms.gle/j8D5uaeyWXafLZip6

Every voice makes a difference, and I would greatly appreciate it if you took a few minutes off your day!

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Pro-tip, you would likely get a better response rate if you participate in the community rather than drop a link and run.

3. n.bagge

n.bagge What's a Dremel?

I absolutely understand where you're coming from, and one of the things that I've set out to do during the project is to connect with the community (not only by dropping survey links). These surveys are only one small part of my user research, and in the near future, I will be more present on the forum with the hope of getting to know what people like, dislike and hope to see in the future of computer chassis.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

When you offer a 1 to 5 scale, it might be best to identify if 1 or 5 is good or bad.

n.bagge likes this.
  5. n.bagge

n.bagge What's a Dremel?

Good point, I have now added indicators for the scales.

6. bollywilly5

bollywilly5 What's a Dremel?