1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Materials Selection

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by twiget, 18 Mar 2007.

1. twiget

twiget What's a Dremel?

Ive decided to build a computer desk the way I want a computer desk. While not strictly a computer mod, by the time I am done it a lot of the computer(s?) will be integrated into it. Below is a sketch-up concept that I put together. I play mostly racing games with the occasional FPS and an hour or two of WOW thrown in for good measure.

[​IMG]

The monitors are 24" Dell LCD's x 3. The steering wheel is going to be a G25 Racing Wheel (not in the drawing).

The drawing uses 2" steel pipe and fittings, along with aluminum sheets. I started gathering parts together and I realized just how massive this thing is going to be. I chose the 2" pipe because I want something that is big enough for me to run cables through, and because I do not know how to weld. If anyone has suggestions for alternative materials I would be grateful to hear them.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2007
  2. cedricb

cedricb What's a Dremel?

you could use PVC instead, it wouldn't change the size but it would be a lot lighter