1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max resolution not showing up?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by waitandbleed, 24 Jun 2007.

1. waitandbleed

waitandbleed What's a Dremel?

O.K., this is for a totally different computer. I just had some spare parts lying around so I threw together a cheap computer today. It is using a FX5200 128mb PCI graphics card. I hooked it up to my Dell 2407WFP using a DVI connector and I want it to get to 1920x1200 but it doesn't show up. I have tried several programs (Powerstrip) and managed to show the 1920x1200 setting but, it still looks the same as my current resolution (1600x1200) but it side scrolls. Anyone know any tricks? I have also tried using omega drivers but that didn't help thanks.

(Also I built this computer so when I RMA my other gfx card, I at least have something to browse the web with :hip: )

*EDIT* Before someone says something, yes the card is able to support that high of a resolution.

2. bestforbuy

bestforbuy What's a Dremel?

First what size is the monitor, and check if you install the drivers of the video card correctly , if so let me know and will find a way to help you out with that, . because to catch that resolution your monitor most be at least more than 17 "

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Tried doing it over VGA instead? While the card should support that resolution (though DVI spec is technically only 1600x1200, I've never seen a card that can't do 1920x1200), the VGA spec is, I think, 2048x1536, which should more than cover it. It's not ideal, but it might at least suggest whether it's something with the card, DVI specifically, or a software issue.

4. bestforbuy

Are you using a DVI adapter?

If that so, does the colors on the screen show like going to violet?

5. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Yup, my card does it too. Thanks nvidia for the great drivers. You have to define it as a custom resolution, and set the timings manually - use the DMT standard (i think that's it) - it'll be in a drop down under "advanced" in the custom resolution panel

6. bestforbuy

That happen to me long time ago and it wasn't the timing or the video card it was the monitor.

my case was with Geforce 7800 gt oc using a 15" monitor , with an DVI adapter to VGA .

But depending of the monitor you may be able to fix the timing . if the monitor is CRt it can be done .( i think) but in LCd you can not made the timing.