1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics mc145000 lcd controller

Discussion in 'Modding' started by hacnslash, 20 Aug 2003.

1. hacnslash

hacnslash What's a Dremel?

ok, so i found an hp 7090a measurement plotting system in the local universities' trash, so i tore through it looking for parts, and i got a couple of leds switches, the usual stuff, and on top of all of this i found a pretty big lcd conected to an mc145000 lcd controller. I was wondering if anybody has any info on this chip, since i would like to maybe connect it to my pc to display temperature or some system info. i've tried googling it, but haven't found any really interesting info (i know it's made by motorolla), so thanks in advance for any replies.

2. lt paul

lt paul What's a Dremel?

eache segment is fed an on off signal in sequence you should try powering the lcd and tie the ground from your serial or parrael port then trie feeding it an on off pulse train at various frequencys on the input pins then vary the on off patten to figure out how it is tied to the lcd. it should be connected to a 48 segment lcd. the input is 48 bits long here are some of the things i turned up.

this and this

3. hacnslash

hacnslash What's a Dremel?

thanks man, i will try to do that, anyway, i was searching for a data sheet, or a pin diagram (that shows what each pin is for) and couldn't find one, anyway, thanks again.