1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ImInTheZoneBaby, 12 Jun 2008.

1. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

well i just finished the game. took 19 hours, 59 minutes and 55 seconds.

2. tzang

tzang Traditional Nutter

MGS4 is without doubt a brilliant piece of work. I didn't have my hopes too high for it after the rather disappointing MGS3. Cut scenes were very long in many cases (almost makes you feel like you suffer from accelerated aging) but if you judge it by quality and ignore some boring bits, I don't think you'd see anything as good as MGS4 for most of this year, apart from FFXIII being a rival on the graphics.

Finished it within a day of its release, clocking up 17 hours 19 minutes of gameplay although I'm sure you could knock off an hour if you figure out how to take out a certain boss or two a bit faster. There are a few flaws such as using the auto-aim can make your lock-on go mad if your character if facing in the wrong or slightly wrong direction. Other than that, two thumbs up from me!

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Really? I thought that was the better game. I've not played 1 and 2 in ages and can't actually remember what they were like but in my eyes, 3 is better than 4.

4. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Seems you can't please anyone these days. First MGS2 was dissapointing, now 3, no wait...4 is dissapointing. You should see Kotaku right now. 1.5 million sold at launch and posters over there think that is poor sales.

5. Major

Major Guest

3 was one hell of a game, and beating an already awesome game is quite hard.

I'll have to wait to play 4 tho.

6. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Anyone playing Metal Gear Online? Bit-Tech group maybe? Playing with randoms is fun, but no voice and only a little teamwork is beginning to annoy me a bit.

7. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Haven't done Metal Gear Online yet. I want to hold off on that until I beat the game first. I don't want to end up in the same situation I did with CoD4 (i played multiplayer for months before finally starting up a single player game).

8. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

I was trying to do Metal Gear Online.
    But bleh.
    When signing up, it was a pain in the arse.
    It wouldnt take any username I tried to input.

Bloody annoying.
    So yeah, I havent tried it yet.

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I'm on my second play through now. Haven't been spotted once yet. I'm dreading the crying wolf battle though...

10. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i just used RPGs on that one. but im also on my second time through and am trying to go through it without a kill and without buying anything from Drebin. though its really hard when you run out of tranquilizers and cant buy any

11. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

Just send the Mk2 or 3 in under stealth and shock the guards

12. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

dang, never thought of that. that will make it so much easier.

thanks.

can the 'Doll' thing be used on anyone? if so does it kill them. and how about the syringe, can you use it on the regular guard guys?

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I got to see the game at my friend's place and I was disapointed by the graphics, which everyone was describing as absolutely amazing and bla bla bla. They didn't quite work for me, especially when I could clearly notice the framerate drops during the cinematics, hahaha. I didn't actually play the game though, I only saw it

14. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

havent noticed any frame drops here....:confused:

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I later asked my friend if he saw any and he said yes. The drops were pretty obvious to me

16. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Just completed the game. Must say, it met and exceeded my expectations. WOW! That's all I have to say.

17. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

The microwave ending sucked

18. kempez

kempez modding again!

There's a couple in the game but nothing that ruins the gameplay or cinematic experience of the game

I'm slowly going through it. One 'cause I'm cr@p at it and two 'cause I don't get much time to play. Fantastic game/movie, graphics are very well done and made the better for the over the top stylisticness of them and control system is great fun

Loving it so far, though it would probably be better if I didn't suck :p

19. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Ch5 finally. Taking my time. I don't want this game to end. The experience has been phenominal for me. I haven't been this deeply interested in a game since...coincidentally MGS1: Twin Snakes for GC (the remake was great IMO). Thus far I have greatly enjoyed the game, and the cut scenes haven't bother me at all really. I still feel just as involved in the game wether I am sneaking around or not thanks to the great storytelling. Maybe it's just me though. Look forward to seeing some of you on MG: Online over the weekend when I finish the game (probably tonight).

I haven't noticed very much slowdown personally. That is to say they aren't there. And the in-between installs so many people harped on have hardly bothered me either. I almost welcome them as perfect intervals between chapters to take a short break from the game before glueing my eyes to the TV and taking in all the MGS storyline again haha. Anyone else besides me think MGS4 puts Ocelot/Liquid among the top video game villains now?

OMG Fighting Metal Gear Ray using Rex was epic! What a way to cap off the throw back mission at Shadow Moses Island than to ressurrect Rex and finally see it in action!

20. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

ya the story is so awesome and im one to not pay attention to the story and i didnt skip a single cutscene in this game.

fighting the metal gear ray was really cool, but yet very easy. power up that laser to like level 5 and let em have it. i thought it was pretty neat when you get to shadow moses and all of a sudden the screen goes black and you are playing MGS1 everything was the exact same.

I also have read that in Shadow Moses every single ration is in the same spot as they were in MGS1.