1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microphone issues with Impact VI

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by yazooo, 19 Mar 2014.

1. yazooo

yazooo What's a Dremel?

First off, I bought this board from the Netherlands a couple of weeks ago. I have contacted Asus support in the Netherlands and also reported the issue on the ROG forums. My experience has been far from satisfactory and while I completely recognise this may not been a problem for Asus UK I am hoping to elevate this issue to get some sort of reasonable response as well as alert users to a potential pitfall with this line of boards.

Here is the link to my post on the ROG forums, http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?45109-Microphone-issues&country=&status=

Essentially, the microphone jack does not work. You need to apply full mic boost to hear anything, and of course then it is full of noise. I have tried all versions of drivers available as well as all settings tweaks. A bit of searching revealed several users experiencing similar issues with this and the Hero board. Again, it does seem related to software rather than hardware.

I am now faced with either returning the board and re-building my rig but there really isn't a competitor board with a similar feature set or purchasing a USB headset. Pretty disappointing start to a new build as well as my first experience with Asus customer service in the Netherlands.