1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Microsoft Natural Keyboard Alternatives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CraigWatson, 9 Dec 2014.

1. CraigWatson

CraigWatson Level Chuck Norris

Need a recommendation/pointer - I'm looking for a recommendation for an alternative to the Microsoft Natural 4000.

I've had one at work and home for over 4 years, but a) the spacebar is noticeably louder than the rest of the keys (known issue), and b) it's quite big.

Looking for a replacement that's slightly less deep but still ergonomic. I'm considering going back to the Logitech Wave, but they felt quite cheap-and-nasty.

Recommendations requested :)

2. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

After using MS Natural keyboards for many years I gave up and went for a Ducky Mech keyboard in tkl format. I love the key action (reds) and the form factor. Paired with an Imak ErgoBead wrist wrest I haven't suffered any RSI issues at all.

As for actual alternatives in ergo format there is nothing in the price range. There are some at the industrial end of the market but you are talking big money.

3. silk186

silk186 Derp

Very few alternative, and they really go up in price. You can look at some ergonomic split mechanical keyboards like the Truly Ergonomic Mechanical Keyboard.
    Kinesis advantage is another choice
    [​IMG]

4. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

The truly ergonomic keyboard no longer uses genuine cherry switches, uses clones now, which I think makes it a less attractive keyboard - as it didn't get cheaper to buy even though they are now using cheaper switches. Apart from that, i'm huge fan of TEMK, it is programmable using their software.

5. silk186

silk186 Derp

pity about the switches, they do offer a variety of switches, or you can buy your own to replace them