1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Microsoft store

Discussion in 'General' started by mikeuk2004, 24 Dec 2009.

1. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Has anyone bought anything from the MS store?

https://emea.microsoftstore.com/UK/

I ordered a Xbox 360 Steering Wheel from there for my brother and 2 weeks gone by and heard nothing.

I sent an e-mail to ask whats going on last week and finally received a reply today stating that it has not bee shipped yet because due to previous experience in customer fraud and credit card fraud they require a bank transfer.

They have provided bank details to do a EU bank transfer and stating
    Now im concerned because they have my card details and now want a bank transfer, ive never had any online retailer ask for a Bank Transfer before. Also there e-mail is full of spelling errors and they cant even spell Christmas.

I think ill tell them to cancel and not bother as they have wasted 3 weeks to tell me this.

Last edited: 28 Dec 2009
  2. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

At the bottom of the page, it says they're independant of Microsoft. Very misleading.

3. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

The website looks legit but that email and bank transfer thing sounds dodgy
    whats the header contents on the email show as?

Edit: there more i look at it the more confusing it is.
    cheers, didn't notice that part.

seems to match up with the bank transfer details more.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I would cancel that order as fast as possible. That whole thing reads scam scam scam scam scam scam :S

5. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

The store's merchant bank has probably put a hold on their account (or asked for a huge deposit) due to 'charge-backs'. It's a term used when the customer disputes the charge (maybe they didn't ship goods?) and claims the money back from their credit card provider.

Cancel the order and buy it from somewhere else. Using a credit card gives the customer quite a lot of protection, where as a bank transfer is very hard to trace and nearly impossible to claim back.

If you're feeling extra paranoid, check your online bank statement daily. You can also call your credit card provider and inform them of this shady 'MicrosoftStore' order you made. They should be able to stop any charges before they go through.

6. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

First impressions on visiting the site don't exactly inspire confidence :/

[​IMG]

7. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Why are scammers always so bad at spelling, surely it would be more effective if their emails were actually convincing....

(I'm sure I checked it to stop just that from happening...must be blind)

Last edited: 24 Dec 2009
  8. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

SCAMMER! :p

EDIT: Tell them your bank want a payment to release your funds internationally, so you'll have to ask for £15 before you can do an EU bank transfer.

9. mikeuk2004

I sent an e-mail back asking to cancel. Amazon have them in s tock now so ordered from there. I thought it was MS themself and therefore trusted, but now I think otherwise. No money have gone off my wifes card yet and they say theycncelled the order.

Will keep checking to see if anything goes off the card.

10. Matticus

Matticus ...

Just for some added info. If you go onto Microsoft's main website, then press "Buy Now", the drop down menu's first link is the that very Microsoft store.

The bank details that Mike posted look German, which could account for the bad spelling.

So it looks like it is legit, but just a very terrible store.

11. mikeuk2004

and service