1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Mini Mp3 Player Suggestions?

Discussion in 'General' started by BubbaBob, 1 Nov 2007.

1. BubbaBob

BubbaBob What's a Dremel?

I am looking to get a new mini Mp3 player to use while I am running. I have a couple in mind but I am not sure which one is best. Anyone have any experience with any of the ones listed below? Thanks

Creative Zen Stone 1GB (this one got good ratings on CNET)

Klegg 1GB Mini Mp3 Player (I have gotten a Klegg product before and liked it, so that is the only reason I am considering this one)

Cowon iAudio U2 1GB (another one rated well on CNET though I have never heard of this company)

2. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

How about a Zen Stone+? Basically a Zen Stone but with a screen, radio and microphone.

<A88>

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sansa E2x0 or a Sansa View player. Either that, or an i-pood nano/shuffle.

4. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Shuffles just aren't worth it compared to the Zen Stones, unless you're set on having a alu DAP or really love iTunes.

<A88>

5. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Zen stone's are fantastic little players, highly recommended.

6. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

sansa e2x0 +1 love mine to pieces, that and my Sennheiser omx70, which sit perfectly regardless of what i do

Last edited: 2 Nov 2007
  7. Valo

Valo Minimodder

get iaudio. they destroy any other device sound-wise

8. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i love the iaudio, but they don't have any small players, do they?

9. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

There's a nice cheap Sony going for £18 somewhere. I think Doug brought one.

10. Wavefront

Wavefront Minimodder

11. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

12. BubbaBob

BubbaBob What's a Dremel?

OK so here is what I did. I went by the electronics store to see what they had available. They had both the Creative Labs ZEN Stone Plus 2GB (thanks for the recommendation A88) and the Klegg player. They were both on sale so I decided to get both, and whichever one I don't like I will bring it back or just pass it on to my niece. I have listed out some of the advantages of each down below for anyone who cares.

ZEN Stone - easier to control than the Klegg model, holds 2GB (instead of the 1GB for the Klegg), has built in stopwatch, countdown, and clock which is great for running, and good battery life

Klegg - has color LCD capable of showing pictures in a slide show, will display the lyrics to songs if you load the right file, has an ebook file (havent tried this out and I am not sure how reasonable this is considering the size), and good battery life

They both have FM radio and voice recording. They also both sound great with the play back of my songs.

My conclusion thus far (though I will try them both out a bit more) is that the ZEN is better for working out and running while the Klegg will be better for my niece who is more likely to enjoy the photo and lyric capabilities than I ever will.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. :rock:

Tags: