1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mobile DVD Player LCD?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MiLwOrkZ, 6 Feb 2005.

1. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

Ok so I have a mobile LCD DVD player and the actual dvd player part I guess blew out on me :wallbash: . The screen still works fine and I would really like to know if i would be able to gut and reasemble it into a case :thumb: . I would prefer not to have the whole DVD player in the case just the monitor part :hip: . I have seen the psone mods ant those have semm to work real fine as a matter a fact a buddy of mine has researched it and is plannig to do so :thumb: . If you need pictures or brand name let me know i am currently away from the player itself so i cannot tell as of right now :D .

2. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

you can i just dont know how, but i know you can :D

3. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

^^^likewise, you can do it

4. CYRiX

CYRiX What's a Dremel?

open it up
    look at wires
    look at psonelcd diagram of wires
    if they match
    follow psone guide,
    if not, your gonna need some professional help or somebody really good with wiring of lcd's

5. Blue Raven

Blue Raven What's a Dremel?

If your dvd player can also accept composite video (or s-video), then you should be able to plug your graphics card's video out to the composite video in and remove all the dvd drive hardware, I wouldn't suggest trying to remove any circuitry because removing parts of the circuitry might cause problems.

If you dvd player cannot accept composite video (or any external input), then it is unlikely that you can interface it with your computer.

6. MiLwOrkZ

MiLwOrkZ What's a Dremel?

i see the composite video input :wallbash: i tryed it and it works. Feel like an idiot but i need to make the wires longer b/c they are only 5/8" long. thanks for your input!