1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile phone software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lithium, 5 Jul 2017.

1. Lithium

Lithium super spunk

Hey folks, Can anyone recommend software (preferably free) for recovering photo's from mobile phones with broken screens. Both phone are working just the screens are bust. I have a Samsung S6. It is locked with swipe lock. Also trying to get photos from my friends Sony Xperia. It is locked with a pin code which I have. Many thanks.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I take it they're bust as in cannot see anything otherwise you could plug a mouse in via usb otg. Mind you if it's just a swipe then you could try that anyway and just move the mouse then plug into the pc.

3. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

As far as I know most phones these days block data transfer if they are not unlocked and moreover often require specific user input to initiate transfer (usually via a notification) for security reasons. The issue being that having data unsuspectedly ripped from a phone through a USB port masquerading as charging only is possible without this.

If there is literally no user input possible I'm not sure it will be possible to get data off the internal storage. A cheap-as-possible screen repair may be the only option.

Big Elf likes this.
  4. creative

creative 500rwhp

You might be able to do it via ADB... or at least you used to be able to. Its been a while since I have tinkered around with ADB and Odin