Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 4 Jan 2019.
It's a clever method for "Vetting" the right individual and criteria below for marketing.
If you reach out to any manufacturer on your own, these three traits appeal to most Marketing Reps today.
1. Strong social media presence. (FB, Instagram, Twitter) (algorithms continue to get more finicky about what content reaches followers, social is becoming full time job)
2. Excellent Photography skills. (I'll add "decent knowledge of lenses, lighting, presentation")
3. Youtube channel with good personality and video production. ("engaging content, good lighting, audio, and understanding of SEO metrics)
Utilizing forum worklogs to find your audience has diminished under the social wave. Even Mod Unlimited states Worklog URL as Optional.
I'm adding fourth trait that is very important to your own assets and gaining future opportunities.
In additional to Social, you need to have your own site for hosting pics, contact, BIO, gallery portfolio. You should be blogging and archiving projects on your own site and understand SEO. You want your work to be discovered in web search engines. This is how I've landed some my biggest paying gigs. The big fish use search engines to find talent. They don't waste time searching through facebook and instagram.
Relying on the free platforms alone is foolish.
1. Your work quickly becomes yesterday's news.
2. facebook group content is blocked from search engines
3. No guarantee to save content if your account is hacked.
4. FB or other social posts don't get love on reddit.
5. Reach to followers continues to diminish under need for revenue (Boosted / paid posts).
The people I personally know who are getting the good quality sponsored parts, have all four of those assets.
Thank you Alex Banks, for keeping "Modding Content" alive for everyone here!
Separate names with a comma.