1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Modular PSU Cables

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Renegade, 13 Nov 2009.

1. Renegade

Renegade What's a Dremel?

Hello.

I'm thinking of using an Antec P193 case for building computers, but the main gripe in the reviews is the tightness getting PSU cables to where they need to go.

This may seem silly, but if I bought a BeQuiet Modular PSU... can I use other manufacturers extension cables or do I have to specifically buy BeQuiet cables?

Are there any recommended suppliers for good quality cables?

Cheers,
    Wil

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

personally ive never liked modular psu's due to the complication that can arrise from them, id advice getting a fixed line psu and being clever with cable management.

THG had a guide a while back on psu's but they also included line maps showing what lines each psu had and the lengths of each line. helped me in finding the perfect psu for my chassis.

3. Renegade

Renegade What's a Dremel?

Brilliant m8. Thanks for that quick reply. :thumb:

4. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

Examples? I've never heard anything so was wondering if you knew something I didn't.

5. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

If they are wired the exact same way then you should not have a problem, but I know that TT was having issues with their PSU cables being wired slightly differently than others. Heard people were killing hard drives to the extent that they put a warning in the manual, I'll have to dig up mine if I still have it.

6. butter100fly

butter100fly Rebelstar Raider

Renegade....I've just done this...from scratch...today...with a straight power 650W and P193. I assume that the lengths of cables are the same as the modular. I really don't think you need to worry about cable length. Everything fits, beautifully....

7. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

Regarding the above, I'd also like some examples or a example of what your talking about regarding these apparent complications from using modular psu's.