1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Monitor arm recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 7 Oct 2017.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I have a 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W 34 and looking to desk mount it. I do have an Ergotron MX for my 27" and like the aesthetics and quality but one for the 34" might be way out of budget.

So any suggestions gratefully received and if you can include a link.

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I have a DM201 desk mount that seems pretty good, currently have a 43" screen on it with a VESA adaptor plate despite only being for upto 27"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005FQGW38

I also have an ergotron LX which is better quality but at 3x the price you'd expect it, once screens are mounted you would know one from the other, if you don't move it a lot.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Not keen on your DM201 and yes I agree about the price of the Ergotron but the quality and adjustment are there. As with most monitors getting to the ports is always a pain but with the Ergotron it really is simplicity itself.

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

It doesn't look much but it's very stable and offers a reasonable range of movement, the ergotron arms I have on my other screens are a bit fancier but I use their movement a lot more so was happy to pay the extra, the DM201 I just use on the Desk in preference to wall mounting a screen as its quite compact so the screen is quite close to the wall.

Mine actually looks like it has a different base to that picture

5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

I switched to a CBS Wishbone arm for my U3415W, the Ergotron LX was a bit wobbly with a screen that big. You don't get the immediate height adjustment of the Ergotron (there is a twist-barrel you can put on the pole under the arm to adjust about 60mm up/down, and beyond that you remove a clip below the arm and slide the assembly to the new location before reattaching the clip) but it's rock-stable and you still have plenty of panning motion, along with lockable rotation.