1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Monitor mod problem

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Joe_Stereo, 7 Nov 2004.

1. Joe_Stereo

Joe_Stereo What's a Dremel?

I have one of those old pc with built in monitor computers (looks like a mac). I am in the process of pimpin' it out with with a P3 1000/40 gg HDD, and all. The original guts consisted of a 486/50mhz, 4 mb ram. So this isnt exactly a swap in upgrade. My problem, however, is the monitor had no VGA connector coming from it, just pin outs on a harness to the motherboard. I added a VGA cable to it now, and hooked it up to the new motherboard, and the display is flickering vertically, and no mode changes stop it, even does it when i'm in the bios. The monitor says its SVGA 1024x768. Is there any thing in the wiring or monitor adjustments that usually cause this? Is this a different vid standard i havent heard of?

2. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

My guess is it has to do with the Vertical sync, The newer computer might not support the older monitor's Refresh rate if so, that symptoms you describe can arise. I'm not wise enough to suggest a Solution, save for replacing the monitor with some sort of flat panel display like a lcd screen, which also free up a lot of room

3. Redd_Herring_1974

Redd_Herring_1974 What's a Dremel?

me thinks you should post this in the electronics section you'll prolly get more usefull responces from those guys are really smart and friendly for the most part :D :thumb:

4. Joe_Stereo

Joe_Stereo What's a Dremel?

Thanks, I will.

5. Brentley_11

Brentley_11 What's a Dremel?

If it ends up being a software problem, you might be able to get things working with PowerStrip which is basicly a utility that lets you control almost anything about your video output.