1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Monitor Troubles

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by lilgoth89, 5 Feb 2019.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Basically my old, Venerable U2412M is starting to show problems

periodically the screen will go completly black for 3-5 seconds every 10-15 mins, sometimes its long enough for the Monitor to complain that there is no input but most of the time it recovers before that point. i have plugged a TV to act as a second monitor in via HDMI, and that stays on during the monitors 'out-time'

i tried updating the Drivers, but i dont have a spare Displayport cable to test, i might see if i can haul out a DVI cable and test that as i cannot really afford a replacement right now

could it be the monitor is starting its journey to the great Pc parts pile in the sky ?

2. lilgoth89

new update, in the middle of a game, it went black, and said my current input timing is not supported by the monitor and asks me to set the resolution to 1920x1200 @60hz ( which it is set to )

3. lilgoth89

the monitor is still running, and everything opens ON it so i cannot change any settings as they are on the blank monitor

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'd try a different input and see if that makes any difference, first up.

5. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

I read these posts on my pair of trusty U2412Ms.
    Have you tried Dell's Trouble shooting steps? Or factory reset?
    To access windows located on a non displaying monitor, use ⊞ Win+← or → multiple times. Alternative Set the computer to clone rather than extend displays.

6. lilgoth89

switched over to a DVI cable, that seems to have fixed the problem,

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Probably worth trying a different DP cable just to rule out a dodgy wire. Sounds like it's one of the cable, the DP input on the monitor or the DP output on your GPU. Glad you're back up and running with DVI.