1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitor went nuts

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Orionche, 12 Mar 2010.

1. Orionche

Orionche Guest

So a few hours ago I was playing my usual session of TF2 on a 9month old Samsung 2343NW when all of the sudden the picture started to go crazy. To be more specific, like someone cranked up the brightness level beyond factory settings. After getting some fresh air, I was pleased to conclude my eyes haven't degraded even further.

Currently it's somewhat viewable, and its having problems displaying the white color (its showing blue instead for some reason). There's also some noticeable flickering/grain effect.

Tried...

a) It ain't the graphics card, I plugged the damn thing into my other computer, same thing.
    b) tried using a different video (VGA in this case) cable, no joy. Same with the power cable. Pins look okay.
    c) messing about with its settings. Didn't work...
    d) hitting it oh so lightly. Loose screws and all that...
    e) giving it a stern look. Got a headache, but the monitor remained the same...

I'm just interested if anyone knows whats the damn problem and if i can fix it myself somehow, or do I return it and scream "Warranty!".

:(

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

i reckon "warranty", TBH.
    you've eliminated the cable and the GPU as the causes... that leaves the monitor self.

3. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

It sounds like the backlight (is that the right word for it?) is going bad in it. I'd take it back and claim the warranty on it, that definitely sounds like a manufacturer issue.