1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitors - looking advice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Stotherd-001, 7 Aug 2020.

1. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

I'm in the unusual position of having been told I can expense any monitor (or pair of monitors) in total costing £300 to support WFH. In a remarkable coincidence I need a nice new games monitor, or maybe 2?

Any advice on a monitor or monitors to get at that price point? I can contribute a bit more if I need to but not too much.

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

What size do you have space for and what GPU are you running? :)

3. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

You’ll want to chip in another £30 and get one of these https://www.ebuyer.com/911110-iiyama-34-ips-ultra-wide-monitor-xub3493wqsu-b1

Ultrawide, 34”, 75hz, IPS with FreeSync.
    3440 x 1440 resolution. Will be incredible for gaming or work, assuming you have the physical space. If your GPU can’t push it to the max yet it’ll still future proof you in the display department.

if not this then I’d say something smaller but with a higher refresh rate. Take a look at rtings for the highest quality reviews and pick your fave.

4. Stotherd-001

Stotherd-001 Minimodder

I've a VESA mount able to hold 2x 27" monitors and I'm running a GTX 1060 6GB - but I may be looking to upgrade that separately at the end of the year.

The 34" looks very nice but is a bit big for my setup