1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Motherboard bracket problem - CPU cooler

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gaz_360, 24 Jul 2013.

1. gaz_360

gaz_360 Make that change

Hey everyone. Been a while since I last posted, hope everyone is keeping well.

With all this hot weather, I decided to get a different CPU cooler, as mine was still running on stock.

After a bit of research, I decided to go for a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo. However when I came to install it, I found out the hard way that my rear motherboard CPU bracket it glued on! I've not come across one before that's been glued, so wasn't sure what to do.

That particular CPU cooler uses the Intel push pin set up. My old one screws in, and has springs on each screw for when each one's tight.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem in the past, and if there are any coolers out there that I'll be able to use, or am I stuck with the stock?

Once the stock one's off, there are four threads left behind with the clamp, that are flush with the motherboard (I'll post a picky later). I was wondering if any CPU coolers come with those stand offs that would wind into the threads that are currently there, although getting some stand offs with the correct size thread might not be possible?

Any light on this one will be very appreciated. I hope to get something sorted before the warm weather returns :hehe:

Thanks

Gaz