1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboard REcommendations?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sanosuke001, 2 Feb 2004.

1. sanosuke001

sanosuke001 What's a Dremel?

I am planning on getting an Athlon XP 2800+ and was wondering what motherboards people have been using and maybe even some links to decent reviews. I know I could look through bit-tech's site, but I'd rather have a place to start (a few good boards to look for instead of every board ever reviewed) Thanks for any help.

2. TMM

TMM Modder

well im using what people would think its really REALLY crap mobo but i like it alot! even overclocks nice and stable. at got all the features you could want such at SATA, 8x USB2, Giga-bit LAN..... :)
    id say the ASUS A7V600 is great for non-overclockers and light-medium overclockers. I've found that the ASUS boards give you great features to protect your CPU from overheating an also are easy to "step-back" if you overclock too far.

big + for this mobo is that it is HELLA CHEAP! about half the price of other mobos with the same amount of features!

there is also a HEAP of Nforce2 boards which i would go for too, especially if your overclocking alot.

for heavy overclocking, i'd go for an A-bit with Nforce2 (or 3?) chipset :)

so heres my advice:
    non, light or medium overclockers: ASUS A7V600
    HEAVY o/Cers: ASUS A7N8x-x or a simlar A-bit board

3. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Abit NFS V.20 enough said :D its the dogs danglies, nice and stable for overclocking and plenty of features.....

<edit> the DFI Infinity boards are getting good reviews as well.... not sure on the model of these tho... </edit>

Last edited: 2 Feb 2004
  4. Darv

Darv Bling!!

If you want overclocking then Abit NF7 of DFI Infinty II are the best at the moment.

Asus A7N8X if you're after stability and features. Also it doesnt have a noisy NB fan :thumb:

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

Either the DFI Infinity, the DFI Infinity, the DFI Infinity or maybe the DFI LANParty (if u like glowy bits)... Oh and not to mention the abit NF7-S ;)