1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The Lost Monk, 15 Jul 2005.

1. The Lost Monk

The Lost Monk What's a Dremel?

hey what the smallest motherboard that is in make?

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

something using the mini-itx formfactor. nano-itx is still pretty non-existant. They're 17x17cm and 12x12cm respectively.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus What's a Dremel?

Like firehed says, ITX and Mini-ITX, if you want standard PentiumIII and up quality CPUs.

If smaller CPUs are okay, then 486's are avaliable as small as a credit card (2"x3"). Likewise, the ARM processors (up to 266MHz) come in may flawors and sizes. I have seen these as small as 40-pin microcontrollers - no built-in VGA controllers here though.
    Hitachi also makes a CPU (up to 1GHz), that is mainly used in palm-top gadgets. I have not seen these as single board computers, but I am sure they are available.

4. The Lost Monk

thanks for all the info, but im looking for the smallest moherboard that can be used for a fairly powerful gaming computer. but i will look into the ITX and Mini-ITX's. so if anyone has any other ideas plz tell me

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

For a gaming PC, have a look at mATX boards - they're the only ones that have the big-hitters of CPU's (AMD/Intel) available: ITX mobo's have slower processors.

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

7. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

There is a Mini-itx board that has the capacity for a 3.6 Ghz Prescott and a PCI Express X16 graphics card; you should be able to build a rather miniscule PC around that ;)

8. The Lost Monk

i have looked on mini-itx.com and i cant find that board, can you give me a link or somthing? for the rest of you this is for my new gaming computer that i will be building (Hopfuly high proformence). the meserments for the case are 6in wide and 14-15in tall (the meserments can be changed). if ther is any other info that would be helpful, thanks.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2005
  9. Pegasus

Pegasus What's a Dremel?

10. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.