1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mouse Programming problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nickc50310, 1 Apr 2009.

1. nickc50310

nickc50310 What's a Dremel?

Hi everyone! I just got a microsoft sidewinder gaming mouse. I am wanting to program the thumb buttons to certain keyboard keys. I have gone in through intellipoint and programmed them as needed. However, when I am in my game or program, the button doesnt work. It doesnt do anything.

I am a computer tech so I have done all sorts of troubleshooting.

First I installed intellipoint, then the mouse. no dice.

Then, I did the program specific settings, again no dice.

I started testing it in ventrilo. I found that if I map the thumb button to left click, then in ventrilo set push to talk to left click, it works fine. Its like just the keyboard commands arent coming through. Then, if I set the thumb button to kp7 in both intellipoint and the ventrilo specific settings in intellipoint it works only when ventrilo is minimized or in the background but not when it is the main open foreground program.

This is seriously driving me nuts. I have Vista premium 32bit. I bought this PC a few weeks ago and really do love it. Just like everyone else I was apprehensive of vista. i didnt feel like shelling out for a copy of XP. I do like vista now for the most part but this type of crap and stability issues are making me nuts.

Any ideas on what else I can try?

Thanks in advance!!

Nick