News Mozilla blocks vulnerable MS plugin

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Oct 2009.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The sweeping statement about Windows is just as bad.

Why don't we get some rationale here and not just an entire OS based on one application?

2. geekboyUK

geekboyUK What's a Dremel?

Don't feed the trolls ;)

3. Shagbag

Shagbag All glory to the Hypnotoad!

4. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Did I ever tell you about this really big company that had approximately 95% of the planets computer users as its customers. It's been going for years now and making lots of money. It also ploughs loads of money in trying to secure it's own products that let's say that again "95% of the planets computer users" from glitchy third party programs that it's forced to accommodate.

You trolls mess your systems up with all that crap from Mozilla, Google, Opera blah, blah, blah. I happily use Windows 7 Ultimate with IE8, Bing, Windows Live Messenger, Microsoft Office, Windows Media Player and I have no need whatsoever to use any other crappy glitchy adware program that everyone else climbs over themselves to shout "But mine is bigger than yours"

Just wait and you will hear a few shout it next.

It's called choice ladies and just because you use it, it doesn't mean it's the best or better than what I use for what I want to use it for.

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

well ask any web guy what he would rather write for.. the proprietary CSS in IE (which only works in IE) or CSS for mozilla browsers (which stick to specifications and work for all)

proprietary sucks.. course to the end user- the bonus of running IE is he gets to see everything, as sites badly written just for IE will be displayed correctly :D doesn't mean it's any better.. just means the web guy sucks

far as exploits, firefox is open source

6. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    You havent mentioned one non-Microsoft program that is adware in your post.

7. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

Impar, I think you better rethink that comment. (Cough*Google*Cough)

Tags: Add Tags