1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable MS buy nokia for $7 billion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Harlequin, 3 Sep 2013.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23940171

kinda guessed it would happen to be honest - will be interesting to see how Samsung , htc et al , react with their own windows phones now since lumia holds the biggest windows phone market share...

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

shouldn't this be in general

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

why? its about portable communication hardware.....

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Was a guarentee to happen if Microsoft wanted Windows Mobile to still exist. Would expect every other company to drop there windows mobiles now that Microsoft controls a hardware company.

As others have commented in the financial sector is this a deal to save whats left of 2 companies that have struggled to join the Smartphone / Tablet push or a actual attempt by Microsoft to gain significant market share.

Is this the last throw of the dice for Microsoft in this sector or will we see a revitalised product launch with major backing and advertisement pushes in the correct sectors.

We shall see.

5. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I'm surprised it took them this long to make the purchase. I can't see any other manufacturers wanting to make Windows Phone 8 devices any more. Although, Samsung is keen on Tizen and HTC will probably disappear (though I sincerely hope not!) so they probably wouldn't make many more WP* handsets anyway.

6. Jake The Snake

Jake The Snake What's a Dremel?

Only the strong survive