1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows MS Excel Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by matt_lumley, 6 Sep 2013.

1. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

Hi Guys,

I am just having a little play around with an excel spreadsheet to keep tabs on what my house mates are planning on bringing to our house next year and what is supplied by the landlord.

I am getting to the point where I have populated the landlord column with what is supplied by the landlord. I have set up data validation to limit what my friends can enter into the other columns from a drop down list (Yes, No, 1, 2, 3...,10) so they can only populate the list with the correct data.

The part I am trying to work out now is how I can make it so that if there is a Yes or a number in the landlord column then the other columns (Mine and my 3 house mates) can not be populated with anything other than No (automatically filled with no).

Here is a picture of my spreadsheet as it is:

[​IMG]

So there you can see we have already populated quite a bit but that was just me playing with it. I want to email each person a copy with only the landlord column filled so they can fill their own column.

I want the columns with Yes or a number from the landlord to automatically populate with No on all the other people columns.

What do you think my best approach would be.

Matt

2. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

You'll be wanting a logical expression, lookup the help for OR().