1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows MS Intellimouse problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Autobot, 3 Apr 2004.

1. Autobot

Autobot New Member

I have a MS Trackball Explorer and I use the Intellimouse 5.0 software. My problem is that the Intellimouse software keeps crashing on me. Its really quite annoying when playing games and all of a sudden it crashes and my mouse buttons change. I have uninstalled it, rebooted and re-installed it, but it keeps on messin up! Is there any way to get this to stop happening? Perhaps someone has an earlier version Intellimouse that I could use? Thanks :)

2. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i always shut down the intellimouse crap before i would boot a game. now i dont even bother with it at all ... the side buttons are too small to hit regularly in a game anyway.

3. Thunder_return

Thunder_return New Member

Dont use software to a Intelli, it just f***s up!
    I beleve those sofwares are made for Win 98 and those who havent
    support for a USB mouse.
    The Win 2000 and XP have fully support for this.

4. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

actually, you need thier software to enable the 5/6 button mouses and trackballs ... but the 4th and 5th buttons on my trackball are too skinny for my big arsed fingers to hit normally, so i dont bother. even though XP recognizes that im running a "M$ USB Trackball Optical" none of the extra buttons show up in the config panel.

5. Thunder_return

Thunder_return New Member

Ahhh,,,,,, sorry!
    Didn´t think of the trackball, well that´s right, unfortuanelty...

Tags: