1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics MSI 560Ti Fan Failing to Spin

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nutyy, 25 Jul 2015.

1. Nutyy

Nutyy Widden Palettes

Hey guys I've been using my MSI 560TI Twin Frozr for well over 3 years and currently the left heatsink fan doesn't spin. It will try every 10 seconds or so and it will begin rotating for a second before it vibrates and stops. Despite only one fan working the GPU temperature is still relatively cool at about 51 °C idling but I don't want to stress it

I've looked online and this appears to be an old problem with these card so I was wondering if its time to get a new card or should I try and fix this?

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Could try lubricating the fan with some fine machine oil. Just unscrew it from the heatsink, lift the label on the rear and place a very small amount in the well. Same oil used for sewing machines would be just fine if you have any to hand.

Alternatively the fans are readily available off of ebay for under a tenner. Might be worth posting a wanted thread in the Marketplace on these forums. Maybe someone has a dead card but working fans that you could make use of!

3. Nutyy

Nutyy Widden Palettes

well it's started spinning again but its really slow compared to the other fan, maybe it just needs some lubricant

4. johnim40

johnim40 Minimodder

My 560ti had the same problem so I got a nzxt g10 watercooler adapter with a h55 on mine and is nice and cool now

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

The fans on my 7970 did that. I sent it back for RMA and they replaced the fans. That's probably the only way forward.

6. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Friend of mine had the same issue and he put a third party cooler on it instead.

7. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

GTX 560ti is probably out of warranty now, they're a pretty old card.

8. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Ah yes, that's very true. MSI won't bother to help you there.

Get a replacement fan or two from eBay and you'll be sorted. :)