1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mulitple Questions Needed Answered Soon...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by XplicitContent, 31 May 2005.

1. XplicitContent

XplicitContent What's a Dremel?

I didn't know exactly what forum topic this thread belonged in because it has three different things involved. Here is the question..

I am getting the XFX Geforce 6800gt and the Thermaltake Bigwater water-cooling kit. I heard you can fit the vga waterblock made by Thermaltake that is compatible with the Bigwater onto the Geforce 6800gt, but I wanted to hear from you guys if it was true. Two people said it can, so I dont know. Next, that wasnt the main question. Will the Bigwater cool this card good enough? I dont care if it is 'crazy' low degrees like some of your pro water cooling setups are, I just want to simply water-cool the vga and cpu with ease. Also, another main question is, I want to overclock the cpu (stock is 3.0e ghz prescott) to like 3.4+ and I want to overclock the vga card higher too. Will this Bigwater kit handle it. Dont tell me to just custom build one, because I heard that too many times. I just want a kit. I am starting out, so this is a good start with someone on a budget.

I would really appreciate it if all of my questions are answered, and I would like to know soon as possible, because I plan to order my parts the next day, so I need to be sure about everything.

Thank you.

2. Austin

Austin Minimodder

3. XplicitContent

I read some of the reviews for the Bigwater, but didnt really help me in the area of the Geforce 6800gt for cooling and overclocking. Thanks for the help though.

Anyone else please help me, because I need to know soon. I appreciate it. Thanks.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I've got two 6800GTs, an overclocked Winchester and a toasty warm nForce4 SLI chipset all in one watercooling loop, cooled by a pair of 120mm rads (which are almost the same as the Thermaltake ones I think), and my temps are great on the GPUs in my opinion (overclocked to Ultra, temps are >20c lower than the stock coolers). I'm not sure what the low flow of the Bigwater pump will do for it, but it should work. At the very least, I'd think you'd get stock temps with lower noise.

5. XplicitContent

Well, if its at the very least I can get, then that sounds good enough even if it is overclocked to Ultra. Thanks for the help guys.

6. MrSeanKon

MrSeanKon Minimodder

Of course a qualified PSU is highly recommended.
    At least 500 Watts. :)

7. XplicitContent

Thats why Im getting a 550watt PSU by Antec. So, the Bigwater will cool this card and my cpu just dandy? Thanks. I just need that question confirmed.