1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Multiple Hard Drives - Annoying Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Big British Guy, 16 May 2012.

1. Big British Guy

Big British Guy What's a Dremel?

Hi!

I have a 120GB SSD and a 2TB HDD Installed on my computer. When i first bought it, My SSD was configured for the Operating System Only (As well as other Necessary/Default files). I installed a few other Important programs (AVG, for example) But other than that, left it as it was.

All my Other programs (Games, Steam, etc.) Were stored on my HDD, with everything that these programs did being saved on the HDD (Games saves, Desktop Folder was on here to, etc). Exactly as i wanted it to. The SSD was left for important files, and my HDD was my main workhorse.

Now, the problem is that, 2 weeks ago, i started having problems with my motherboard. so i sent it back to SCAN for repairs. They upgraded my motherboard and sent it me back. But a lot of stuff was different when i booted it up.

After Going through my Drives, i found that the ENTIRETY of my HDD Memory from before the "send-off" had been dumped on to the SDD. Taking up a LOT of space. I Took it upon myself to erase any files that shouldnt be on there, but i dont really know if i have done it properly or not.

Now im finding that Everything that my Programs save (Game saves for example) are being written to my SSD, which was not the case beforehand. And, also, the DESKTOP Folder, among other things, is now all on the SSD. :wallbash:

This, well.... is really irratating. It was all set up the way i wanted it beofre is sent it off, and now its back and nothing is were i want it. Is there ANY WAY i can rectify these problems!!?
    I Just want the SSD To be used for The OS and Important Programs. Not Everything.

I can provide any more info if needed, i could really do with some help or suggestions for help.

Thanks guys!