1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress My 1st Project : White Cosmos S *UPDATE 24/1/13*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by LatinSpirit, 20 Apr 2011.

1. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

x2

2. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

Yeah it makes it a bit easier :clap:
    There was only one bit to repair, which is now done....the black plastic that goes on the inside of the front of the case. I can now concentrate on finishing the primer and then onto the painting.

3. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

Mini-Update 11/7/11

Finally I have had the chance to make a bit of progress on the case. I went on holiday for a week in June, so i had no money for a while before (and after) said holiday :D

I visited my local paint shop on the 9th to get a quote on the Aston Martin paint, plus any other related bits and bobs. They suggested that for best results on that colour, I use a white primer first. So I bought a tin of that, and also some thinner and hardner which came to £30 altogether. I will be hopefully borrowing a spray gun and compressor, so I don't have to hire them.

The paint will be roughly the same again for half a litre, which should be enough to do the case with. But I couldn't quite afford the paint this time, but I have enough to be getting on with.

Two of the guys at the shop seemed to like the colour too :clap:

[​IMG]

Back at the workshop, I still had some parts that needed some etch primer. The replacement side panels and handles, and the top panel.

I began to remove the black mesh from the side and top panels, taking care not to break them so they can be re-inserted once the case is painted. I plan to keep these the original gloss black colour. They are just held in place by a few tabs in the mesh where they have been folded over to secure it.

This is one from one of the side panels...

[​IMG]

...and the top panel, ready to prime.

[​IMG]

Some priming in progress...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for now....hopefully more to follow soon. Thanks for reading!

4. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

I have began the white primer layer.....pics v.soon!

5. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

Hello everyone!

Apologies for the slight delay getting the latest set of pics on here. I couldn't get them to upload to bittech for some reason, so using photobucket for these :D

So the white primer is underway, I managed to do most of the parts, but need to buy a little more to finish off the white primer stage.....then I can hopefully get hold of the shiny paint soon!

First the side panels...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...the bars...

[​IMG]

....one of the side trims....

[​IMG]

...and the top.

[​IMG]

Just before painting the top, I decided to remove the plastic grill that is inside. I felt the grill is ugly and not really necessary. It's a nice and easy mod to help improve airflow. :dremel:

That's all for this update, hope I can get some more done soon :thumb:

Thanks for looking, feel free to let me know what you think so far!

6. Mr.V

Mr.V What's a Dremel?

subbed! love the paint color

7. LatinSpirit

LatinSpirit Minimodder

Having been slowly doing small bits and pieces as and when I had access to the workshop, I am happy to say that I have finally made enough progress on the painting of the case to be worthy of an update post.....I'm not giving up! :nono:

The side panels plus surrounds have finally had their coat of white, some of the smaller bits are still left to do for the next time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I have bought the bottle of pearl, ready for when the white is finished.

[​IMG]

Tried to take a picture of the pearl itself...didn't come out great on these pics (was using camera on my phone) but it looks great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope to get more painting done soon.....and thanks for looking!