1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My first POSTED mod (mods)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Pflumingo, 19 Jul 2002.

1. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

I have been modding for a while now, sometimes my computers, my cars, my truck, my jeep, my Durango... But I have never really posted anything anywhere about most of them... I guess It's time I get with the picture. or pictures as it may be. I have a Canon Powershot G2 that is going to waste without posting it's fine (though resized for time constraint for you with dialup) Pictures.

Anyways... The basis is this

Lian-Li PC65 case w/520w Power supply
    KR7A-133 Raid MOBO
    AMD Athlon XP 2200+
    1GB Cas2 PC2700DDR
    128MB RADEON 8500 Clocked at 300/300 (Pencil voltage mod)
    SB Live
    ATI TV Wonder card
    Pinacle Firewire
    3x Maxtor 80GB ATA133 7200rpm Drives as Raid 0 = 240GB
    1x WD 60GB ATA100 7200rpm Drive (Runs System Backup and Swap if Necessary)
    1xTDK 40x12x48x CDRW
    <Stealthed> 1xSony 16x DVD
    <Stealthed> 1xMitsumi 60x CDRom
    <Stealthed> 1xMitsumi Floppy Drive (You must remove the bezel to use it, but I haven't used it yet!)
    1x 5"TFT LCD display
    2x 10"blue Neon
    1x 6' Blue EL wire
    <Stealthed> 1x Custom Bay Bus/LCD Controller (w/6 Blue and 5 Red ULTRA bright LED's)
    2x 120MM 120V 175 CFM Fans (One intake on bottom, one exhaust on top)
    I can use them to "EVACUATE" my case should the
    temp rise too much, but it sounds like a Jet Taking
    off in my room
    5x 80mm Delta High output fans
    2x90mm Delta High Output fans (Just to keep the inside air moving without the 120s on.)

Pics??? Here they go...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just with the lights on, and off (showing the UFO mod...)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Without lights on, and with Neons on...

[​IMG]
    Showing off the secondary display mounted in the drive bays...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And if you look closely at the last pic, you can see the green (now purple, but no pics tonight) glow through the fiber optics in the stealth covers...

So what do ya think... for a "first time" modder...

Oh Yeah, and here are a couple of quickies of my junker rig... so to speek, just a p3 866 at 1000

[​IMG] [​IMG]

(This was time lapse, the red led's chase around the intake fan port w/HD activity...)

2. G8way

G8way What's a Dremel?

Wow, that is awesome! Is that a stealthed BAYBUS I see? :idea:

3. k0nig

k0nig What's a Dremel?

<Stealthed> 1x Custom Bay Bus/LCD Controller (w/6 Blue and 5 Red ULTRA bright LED's)

how did u do that??

4. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Very nice mod dude :D

5. Grump

Grump The Mad Modder

mdpflum,

Yes, yes, very nice, very interesting. However, what impressed me most of all was this: "I have a Canon Powershot G2 that is going to waste without posting it's fine (though resized for time constraint for you with dialup) Pictures."

Thank you so much for being considerate. You're aces in my book.

Grump

6. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

Looking Good :D

7. Cool Hand

Cool Hand King of the park

i agree

8. Pflumingo

Thanks guys, I have never, and will never considered it finished... I'm thinking of doing another ELWire backlit diffused plexi Pflumingo cutout on the "wasted" side (like the one on case #2) I have a hard time still taking the dremel to the LL though... for fans I just used my holesaw, and you really can't screw that up too bad unless you slip and fall on the thing...

so yay or nay do I cut the dark side, diffuse the plexi, and backlight with purple neon wirez or do I just leave it "naked"

I will post some piccy's of my latest mod sometime soon, a 14" Viewsonic Flat panel dyed and mounted in my Durango w/cheeze box converter for the VCR and DVD player... also has passthrough for my junker "briefcase mod" for play of MP3's and GPS mapping software... but I have to do a little tidying up first...

9. RW2112

RW2112 What's a Dremel?

Very sweet mods my friend, truely impressive..:D

10. Slink

Slink B7

Good work:D

11. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

good job.

12. essjaytee

essjaytee emtarkanderundergunderson

really, really nice!

I love the stealthed baybus and the lighting but the front mount second monitor r0x0rz! :) Is it just set up as a second display? Can you leave trillian (or AIM for those stuck in the dark ages) running on that display while you game or whatever? Thwat would be awesome for a game server so you don't need an additional display.

Anyway, really nice job, thanks for showing us :)

S.

13. Pflumingo

As a matter of fact, you can have whatever you want running in it, Even TV... it is set as the second monitor on my Radeon, so I can drag anything I want to it, from the main desktop... I was posting to the forum while I was taking the picture, using the main display, while I had MBM, WINAMP and Whitecap running on the Sec... display. The top left switch on the baybus swaps between Video card input, and a normal RCA style composite input in a custom blank on the back. I monitor my system temp while gaming with the monitor most of the time, and it lets me know when I need to "evacuate" the heat from the case...i.e. switch on the 120s for a few seconds... (if I run with them on all the time, I can't hear anything else)

14. Pflumingo

I was thinkin, Should I mod the Powershot G2? It's already got an ultrabright white-blue led (For red eye reduction), I was thinking maybe a window on the CF cover or a ........... Hangon.....

New mod Idea.... I have modded hard drives before, Howabout a COMPACT FLASH mod...., Sounds like microsurgery with the etching tool time for me... Modified CF card... Have to start with the little 16mb one... I barely use that except for quick file transfer between pc's instead of floppy.

15. essjaytee

essjaytee emtarkanderundergunderson

Modding, it's a drug, you're addicted :)

16. Pflumingo

I guess that means that by posting my mods, and you guys liking them and wanting some of them, that makes me a pusher too...

Hey... Pst... What's your pleasure buddy, I got cold cathodes, Lighted fans, Custom Bay Busses, LCD's.... Come on man, You know you want it...

17. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

:hehe: Classic.
    Nice mods btw..
    What did you use for the small screen in the front of the case?
    Funkalicious.

18. Pflumingo

it's a 5" flat panel screen (used normally for television on the backs of carseats for the kiddies...) It runs on 12V and has a standard NTSC or PAL (US Composite Signal) input... It's less than 1 cm thick, and only gives off a little bit of heat, but the aluminum bezel has nothing better to do than be a big ol' heat sink anyways... I got it from HERE

But I used a different site, I think I called them direct and they gave me a deal, cause mine was only 80 bucks... but it might have just been a sale too... Dono...

19. Black-Ice

Black-Ice What's a Dremel?

I love that front flat panel screen! So your saying you just flip a switch and you can switch monitors? So than you would only need one Mouse?

Black-Ice

20. Pflumingo

Precicely... I only NEED one mouse, but I have two, since I use my primary monitor as the primary monitor on my Junker (server) rig, and for my Docking station with a KVM... That way if I am using one of the other pc's I can still use the usb mouse on my "good" machine to make changes, click and surf or whatever... I use 2 logitech optical mice, one as ps2 (through the KVM) and the other USB