1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming My Game Dev Story

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 24 Jan 2011.

1. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

Read this this morning, downloaded and have been playing since!
    Way too ironic when i got a "fan letter" saying they failed their maths exam playing "our" games!

Anyone want to hazard a guess what module's exam is tomorrow and I'm gona fail :p?

2. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

Geography? :lol:

3. Snubbs

Snubbs CustomPC Migration victim....

Exactly what I've been doing... literally lost about 3-4hrs of productivity I should be spending on my University work... I guess I am studying business, which means I need this kind of experience under my belt :p

I fear this is a game I will need to delete soon else I may fail my final year modules... :-S

Ace game though.

4. SpeedLegion

SpeedLegion Minimodder

Haha I don't think there is any spin I can put on this to make it relevant to Civil Engineering.... I suppose I have moved office... and maybe its part of a large new office building... on a difficult site...

5. sausages

sausages What's a Dremel?

I played the free version and it was far too simple. There just wasn't enough to do and it was far too easy to win. It was fun though, but when I read about it online, everyone talks about how it's so easy to become a zillionaire in no time, and there is no re-playability because you just end up doing all the same few things all over again.

I wish games like this would strive that bit more and try to have a bit more to do. Mix in a bit of theme hospital with it so that you have to balance staff needs and happiness and hire and fire staff etc.

6. fozmcfc

fozmcfc What you looking at ?

This game is absolutely brilliant, my most played game ever on the Itouch and probably my most played game of 2010.

Thought one play, may two plays through would be enough, but now on about my tenth play through and still discovering little bits and pieces.

7. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Funny article :D

Resource games have gotten too in-depth and tedious so GDS is a welcome time killer and like the others I'm also waiting for part 2.

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Sounds a game I'll never play but would if I could, I don't like mobiles as they tend to make people rude (not to mention the latest must have model every month :D) so I'll never see such a game lol.

9. tyepye

tyepye Minimodder

So I have stuck with PC games. I have had multiple #1 games. Including 4 in my Action Pirate series Swashbuckler 1-4. Number 3 in the series scored highest with 36 points (you guys should play it, it's amazing :D)

The only thing that is eluding me is the Game of the Year award. In my final year and have one more game to make. Fingers crossed I can get it!

10. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

It's a shame this discussion died so quickly. The one thing I found to the game is that by the time you do a 3rd run, it becomes laughably easy. Perhaps thanks to a few bugs:

If you hire someone without first firing someone, the game will do two things - one, it'll ask you to can somebody. Two, it won't charge you that person's contract fee. This is useful for bulking up on hackers.

It also seems to have a massive "screw you" mode. I've seriously had a game suffer a power failure, equipment failure, and very similar game sold (F1 Audiobook on my own console, REALLY?), all within a few % of finished.

Plus, my company has 1.5 billion dollars. You mean to tell me we can't afford UPS units for a few computers, nor can we have redundant equipment to deter failure? Sheesh.

Tags: Add Tags