1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My new CD-R burner

Discussion in 'Modding' started by jhanlon303, 2 May 2009.

1. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

This may be incorporated into H2O-C7 or not but I finally found a new sealed 80mm ONLY CD-R.
    Please remember how small my projects are.

This is an Imation RipGo CD-R burner and MP3 player.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm seriously having fun with this antique. 80mm CD only - small and USB equipped for file transfers with Nero or Media Jukebox.

It's fun The sound is really CD quality.

Now for where I've been.

My Lady/Wife Marilyn has been doing chemo therapy Intraocular Injections for a couple years.

CAVEAT - PEOPLE WITH SQEEMISH STOMACHS AND CANNOT HANDLE EVEN PUTTING IN YOUR CONTACTS.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ_2QZu1gCs

It's safe for work.

We be doing it again.

Please do not get old.

john

2. Need_for_Speed

Need_for_Speed Hello computer.

Holy $*!t! That's gotta be the coolest surgery video I've ever seen. I couldn't even finish describing it to my misses, she is the squeamish type. Your wife must be quite the trooper.

I hope she pulls through okay.

3. jhanlon303

In the last year we did 4 in the right eye(along with cataract surgery and a new lens). This is the left eye. Next Thurs. begins injections in the right eye. Equal opportunity. She can see now where she couldn't when we started this gig.

Ever see "Home Alone 3" where the lady is saved from the garage by the kid and he says "You are a tough old bird"?

Marilyn is. Stood up to my fellow Hell's Angels buddies. Whacked a couple and pushed them/us out of the way when we were bouncing. She is tough!

john

mvagusta likes this.
  4. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I'm sure Marilyn needs to be tough to keep you in line, John! As I posted on my Twitter a few days ago, growing old is not for the faint of heart.

That's a pretty CD-R you have there. Seem to recall seeing something about those a while back. Anyway, will be cool to see what you do with it.

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

ive got a box full of blank 80mm CD's i intended to burn my Design CV on to them and hand them out inside a business card, then i thought after purchase, that most people might have a laptop, and most laptops are slot loading, and i am not sure if an 80mm would eject ok, i havent tried on my laptop and i kinda dont want to either!

6. jhanlon303

As far as I can find out this is the only CD-R burner for JUST 80mm. Some older cameras used disks but they were different. The bigger drives will do 120mm and 80mm but I need a tiny burner for another forum. All my projects and hacks keep getting smaller, even my Steampunk ones..

john

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Wait...$4?
    You must have the most awesome Goodwill store on Earth there! I went into the one here and I have seen better stuff at the landfill.
    ...The landfill smelled better too.:(

8. jhanlon303

Not $4 - half price every other Saturday - I'm frugal.:D

Marilyn and I used to volunteer at this one for a long time. It pays to know the management and the staff. Ours gets a lot of overstock from Target.
    $50 Nerf chain gun for $5 (I bought 2), stockers that stash things for Marilyn, production workers always on the lookout for stuff for us.

We buy the staff Starbucks or pastries and we have a good time. Old timers know things.

john

9. Nanosec

Nanosec absit iniuria verbis

Ain't that the Truth. When i used to live in Hawaii, i made friends with an older couple. Between them and their friends, they had built a schedule of outings for every night of the week. All to different places, each of which offered a free appetizer buffet !!!

Five nights a week, no dinner bill:clap:

10. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I recently had an Avastin injection as experimental treatment for a retinal occlusion. I still shudder when I think about it. Not quite as painful as you'd expect but a very weird feeling. I got about 50% of my sight back though.

Only problem is that it has to be repeated every 3 months or so.

11. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Nice CD burner always kinda liked the look of them only issue is the slot loading shizzle as mentioned above...

And thanks but no thanks on the video... just thinking about it has made my arse clinch and it ain't letting go any time soon. (TBF I have had more ops on my eyes than I'd care to think about so I think I've done my time of cacking myself over being poked and prodded in my eye)

12. Digitalize-

Digitalize- What's a Dremel?

Just to say, do not attempt putting a smaller size Disc into a Slot Loader, it cannot position the disc, and you will have to fish it out, or dismantle the Disc Drive to remove.

Pretty awesome thing to find, if a little obselete :p

13. jhanlon303

We go back tomorrow to restart the series on the right eye. Seems to be a short lived procedure but it beats the 'H E L L out of not being able to see.
    The only time we had a problem so far was a piece of cotton from a Q Tip left behind and causing irritation.

I support her in whatever she decides about her eyes.

I'd have to be in a coma for someone to use a needle in my eye.

john