1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My New Lian Li PC-V2100B plus

Discussion in 'Modding' started by icutebluezone, 26 Apr 2008.

1. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

each one pops up on the screen you have a couple secs to press the Ctrl+S or F4 botton before the next one pops up. 2 are for the 2 PCI sata raid cards that i will be hooking up to the HDD's this week so it will show the HDDs on each of them. The HDDs show up on the screen just above the Press Ctrl+S or F4 at the moment i have 1 HDD on that list.

(Edit) If you press Ctrl+S or F4 it goes into a menu thing to set the drives.

2. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

thats alot of hard drives :D nice case, but an idea for your SATA power connectors, someone on bit-tech basically chopped and changed each SATA connector so they were the exact lenth needed to go frmo one HDD to another, not sure how to do it, but saves on mess and it really looked the business, sorry I can't be more helpful here :D

3. icutebluezone

yeh thinking about cutting the power cables shorted for them. or thay will have a big loop from hdd to hdd

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Aah, thanks for explaining that :thumb:

5. icutebluezone

No problem i will post a couple photos when i get my sata cables hooked up and show what it looks like then should have the cables today or tomorrow. :)

6. error2061

error2061 9800GX2 is dead long live 280GTX

7. icutebluezone

Nice yeh i have a photo of the PC-V2100 done with the T plugs so tidy and shorter. will have a look at link after work. :)

8. icutebluezone

Ok got my SATA cables today. WHAAHOOO. lol. Took a couple photos.

Power cables pluged in. really need the T plugs so i can make custom shorter power cables.
    [​IMG]

SATA cables into the SATA raid cards
    [​IMG]

Running the SATA cables out of the way for now.
    [​IMG]

SATA cables pluged in to the HDD's. And yeh the HDD's are upside down
    [​IMG]

Raid cards picked up the HDD's took photo to soon as there is another raid lot for the mobo satas but got no hdds on them.
    [​IMG]

Still got to get a photo of the menu of the raid card setup. Get a photo this week. Also this week i got my Lian li pc-v1000 case and a side panel with window in it have stripped it down so far.

9. Lunn1

Lunn1 What's a Dremel?

just two questions, Did you ever think about moving the HDD's a little further apart to keep the wires from being so bulky, and what about putting a wire loom around all the SATA cables? could make them look nicer and kinda hide the fact that you have like 8 billion of them

10. icutebluezone

Yeh tru i could. :) Yeh like cable sleeve all the sata cables into 1 lot. lol 8 billion :)

11. Saethyan

Saethyan What's a Dremel?

Kickass Case as performance, build quality and excelence. But it looks so much like a piece of furniture :confused:... for that amount of money...

12. icutebluezone

Yeh a big piece of furniture its a monster of a case. :) Yeh the system in its no were near up to date with daul and quad cores. Just use it as my main system. Not into gaming. Mostly do photoshop and video and music and designing work on it. Im building a new pc at the moment in a lian li pc-v1000 case that i will have a new up to date system in. and this one i will sell or strip down and sell it and keep the case.