1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my pc for 2002

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Elspuddy, 1 Jan 2002.

1. relix

relix Minimodder

when are you guys gonna start talking about the new GeForce 4? it's out soon!

2. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

As far as I am aware, the mass action against IBM covers both 75GXP and 60GXP models. My housemate's brother's drive that failed was a 60GXP. I've heard a lot of people reporting 60GXP failures also.

However, my seagate bias is built on experience. I've had one IBM, one Connor and one Western Digital hard disks die on me. I've never had a Seagate die, even one that had been heavily used for 7 years.

To be honest, I actually like my 75GXP that's in my Linux box a lot. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the feeling that there's an axe hanging over that machine, ready to kill it at any moment. I've never felt that way about a Seagate drive.

3. Ruffian

Ruffian What's a Dremel?

Just trust me on this Isaac. The lawsuit is on the 75GXP.

4. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

Ok, ok, I believe you!...

It just makes me wary of IBM disks is all. I know and love my seagates....:)

5. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

I'm on my second GXP75 and i have a deep loathing for the thing....it is quite loud compared to any other HDDs I've used, and the first went with no warning at all...just hope the same doesnt happen to this one :(

I think I'll be after a 40Gb Barracuda soon I think, and use the GXP75 as a 'hard backup' in a removal HDD caddy or something

:)

6. Ruffian

Ruffian What's a Dremel?

Hey Isaac you know of any place that has a review of the Barracuda IV? It kinda sounds intresting.

7. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

8. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

heh my 2002 system is the one in the sig, i am getting a Lian-li case for it soon and then a better heatsink/psu, maybe a geforce 3/4, my brand new Maxtor 40GB (D740X) is great! i love it, fast and reliable, go for the maxtor!