1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling My pump shielding Problem Fixed???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rekarp, 24 Nov 2004.

1. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Ok ive done reseach on pump shielding for my Via pump since it causes my monitor to do the wave. I found that people cover them in a ful metal jacket and that fixes it. So i put a side panal from an old server case to test it. It still did the wave but not as bad. Then i bought some 16 gauge steel and placed that between the monitor and pump. This made a wall between the case and monitor and it was still shakin??? I am grounding the metal to the psu to. If i make the shield that surrounds the whole pump would that get rid of the problem?

Last edited: 26 Nov 2004
  2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Possibly. I would also explore the possibility that interference is communicated over the power lines (are they both plugged in the same socket?).

3. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

No that cant be it when theres a distance of about 2 feet theres no interference. Maybe its going around it since it doesnt completly surround it? Im going to find some more panals and try to isolate the pump.

edit/ Im overlooking something probably. I have both server panals and the 16 gauge steel sheet between and it still shakes? I dont see a way that it could be going over the monitor cause i surrounded it with the panals and still know luck. but if i move the monitor 2 feet away its fine but i want it next to the case :sigh: . What about brass? But i dont know if i can find a sheet of brass cheap.

Last edited: 24 Nov 2004
  4. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

Well i adjusted the monitor settings to 60 hz and there is no shaking?
    But when i bumb it to 70 or higher it shakes? Wierd.. Well im making a shield out of a PSu box and steel for looks anyways.

Tags: