1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My rant about Tiscali!

Discussion in 'General' started by J453, 6 May 2004.

1. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

OK, hands up who has Tiscali Broadband?....Now hands up who has problems with Tiscali broadband?

I am getting really ****ed off at tiscali now. It is getting out of hand....the connection is unstable some of the time. At peak time my downloads are reduced from 60K to 16K! and the pings go from 30/60 to 160/240! this is bloody ridiculous i mean, i am paying for their 'high speed broadband internet' and i am receiving pish!

I phoned them up and it is an Arab tech support (im not being racist or anything) so their english isnt too great and they have trouble understanding what i say. i have a router but they dont know what a router is, i had to configure it myself, and when i ask them about why my connection is off they say the line is fine its my 'modem' that is the problem when it is clearly the line! They bloodywell lied to me! and when i ask why my broadband is slow they give me a link for a speedtest which turns up a connection of 28K, so i say that to them and they say restart computer and 'modem' and try again, so i do, thn they say that there is no problem with their servers, it is my 'modem' i mean come on FFS!

I and 6 of my mates all have 512K and we all suffer from high pings and crap downloads at the same time, we also get cut off at the same time so they are obviously lying.

I have to wait till August until my contract is up, they wont let me cancel my contract until then, the ****ards!

Who wants to revolt with me?!

(hope this isnt classed as spam or anything)

2. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

umm. if they're not providing the service that they told you they would you can cancel the contract.. just make sure you have proof.. and call some kind of watchdog

3. SJH

SJH Minimodder

Definitely. You and your mates should take screenshots of an MS DOS window after pinging a website...i.e. www.google.com...and send them via e-mail to Tiscali. If you have no luck, look at reporting them as malcs said!

-Sam

4. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Call you local trading standards and explain the problem to them. They will advise you whether you can cancel the contract without being penalised.

5. buzzy

buzzy What's a Dremel?

Good rant! Haven't used Tiscali myself, but I can sympathise with your problems. Hang out until August, tell them to stick it, and move to another provider. The problem with trying to ditch the contract early is that Tiscali's Ts&Cs probably don't actually obligate them to provide a particular level of service - that kind of contract usually comes with a correspondingly hefty price tag attached. So you can't pull out of the contract because they're not actually failing to meet their obligations under it.

For what it's worth, I use an outfit called Freedom2surf who are excellent. Cheap, reliable, and fast. Lovely.

6. k3nn

k3nn What's a Dremel?

unlucky sounds like its bad, very strange how all six of you have modems that need reset at the same time, very strange indeed. here take this screenshot of my AOL 56k(broadband soon) for a comparison

clicky

hope that helps

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I recommend PlusNet. They have all sorts of packages to suit all pockets.