Peripherals My turn for a new mouse / pad!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JaredC01, 1 Jun 2010.

1. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Been using my MX Revolution for a few years now, and it's getting to be time for an upgrade. I'm pretty well set on the Razer Mamba over my only other choice, the Logitech Performance MX (HAVE to have wireless), so now I'm in the market for a mat.

Here's what I want in a mat:

1. Cloth surface - I've grown accustomed to cloth surfaces, and I like the control they give me.
    2. Large surface - I like being able to move my mouse around... Having to pick the mouse up and re-center isn't ideal for FPS gaming.
    3. Good base - Mat has to stay put... Not a problem with most pads, so it's at the bottom of the list.

I've not had a 'gaming' mouse pad, so I'm not sure where to start, though after a bit of looking on the Razer site, the Goliathus looks intriguing (control model, Alpha size). I'm looking for first-hand experiences if at all possible!

2. Davzyii

Davzyii What's a Dremel?

I have the Goliathus mouse pad as you call it and it has been great for me. It is very comfortable and a nice surface for the mouse to move on and I am sure that the largest size ( I am assuming Alpha is large) will be large enough as I have the medium sized one and its fairly big.

3. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

Have you tried a glass surface. It is a lot smoother than cloth and plastic.

4. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

Not a fan of overly smooth surfaces... Cloth has done me well over the years and I'm accustomed to it.