1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Name my network

Discussion in 'General' started by Cookie Monster, 25 Mar 2009.

1. ModMonkey

ModMonkey Size 11 Carbon footprint

Sesame street has some old skool cred (and its your own idea) so go with that. Besides I renamed all my stuff last night to The Night Garden theme and the ribbing I got from the wife just wasn't worth it.

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

My missus likes the in the night garden ones, think coz she likes the program as much as my kids. sometimes i wonder who's really the kid. She loves Charlie and Lola too.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

SSID: Sefirot

firewall: Keter
    main rig: Binah
    Nas: Chokhmah
    shuttle: Chesed
    netbook: Da'at
    PDA: Gevurah
    PS3: Tiferet
    HTPC: Hod

4. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I'd find your favorite game/movie and name computers after persons which personalities match the devices function.

I went for the names of gods in the Zelda games. Problem is that i replace, add or change computers so often that I never remember names.

I have Celsion and Nayru (Fileservers) and Din (main rig). I had a laptop called Omron which I have no idea where is. Selifah is gone, and Farore is floating around in a closet somewhere. I can't remember the name of my old main rig, but I have a vague feeling that it's also called Din. I have also Din7 (Dual boot Vista/win7 on main rig). I have a harddrive named "ubuntu" and a computer named Kubuntu. I have no idea whether "Ubuntu" will fit into "kubuntu" or of it belong to an entirely different computer. Then there is Cyclos, Dragmire and Drunia which I have backups from, but I have NO idea what computer have which name. (A stack of laptops in a closet somewhere. Two of which I destroyed in some stupid experiment.)

Thinking about it, just name them "Computer1", "Computer2"... and go out and buy a label writer....

I run MSHOME myself. Problem is that newer versions of windows seems have "workgroup" as default. This means that i have to change this every time I reinstall anything. I'm still to lazy to change, though...

5. AFX

AFX "Bling" Silver Mountain 2

My both my wifi networks are named after my GFs last name "Deutsch WiFi of DOOM!" and "Deutsch wifi der Hölle!" (deutsch wifi of hell). As for my computer most are named after Japanese animals Ookami, Neko, etc.