1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News NCSoft announces Wildstar

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Aug 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Dennis keeping you late???

I guess the real question is whether it will be free to play or not. All the casual MMOs are doing it :p

3. Glix

Glix Left Thumb Stick in the mud.

Too many new MMO's coming out.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I've been out in Germany since the start of the show, reporting as fast as I can. I've had about 12 hours sleep. Since Monday.

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Mm. Most of them will die in the first few months. It's always been that way. They're fighting against established juggernauts of games in WoW, EVE, Everquest etc... unless they get it 100% right from the beginning, they seem to fold pretty fast.

I must admit, I'm curious about Guildwars 2. And this is coming from someone who has been avoiding MMOs since they first appeared.

6. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

This is actually one of the more interesting ones due to it's setting and art-style imho. And if they transfer the humor seen in the trailer over to the game this might actually be fun.

The gameplay I've seen so far isn't anything new, but then you've got to ask yourself, what else can you do instead of third person or first person with or without tab-targeting, activating skills etc.

Tags: Add Tags