1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

near death experience. *s

Discussion in 'General' started by webbyman, 12 Aug 2005.

1. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

i've nearly died twice 2 days in a row :worried: :waah: :wallbash:
    both could have been lethal.

yesterday i cut the front lawn then and as i finnished, i cut the electrical wire with the lawnmower. picked up what i though was the wire connected to the mower... of corse i was wrong it was infact directly connected to the mains.
    i got a 'shock' to say the least ;)

today i went on my moped (vespa :p ) to drop off something for my bro.. it was night and had been pouring heavily about an hour before still soaked. I came up to a roundabout in town i was being carfull as it was wet anyway... I oviously wasn't careful enough or something since i suddenly slipped out and slid a few meters or so in the wet... :waah: got back up everyone looking.. i was pissed :grr: oh well just de-valued it by £100+ :duh: :waah: :grr: i wasn't physically hurt, but i was more mentally damaged NOoooooooo! only 3rd party motherF**kr :waah:

anyone else been close to death recently :hehe: :( i know i have.

2. aevitas

aevitas What's a Dremel?

Wow that sucks bro.. it shows how fragile we are.

I almost "died" as a little kid when I put a nail in a power unit (where you plug your cables in).

My twinsister almost died when we found out she has diabetes. She was only 32kg @ 13 years. She passed out in the garage. And rushed to the hospital and she's ok now..

Me being the other one of the twins I didn't really die but we found out I had diabetes too. Luckily I was still in a normal condition.

Anyway these things just show how fragile life is and you shouldn't make any jokes about it. Or try and f*ck with it :)

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Webbyman, FINAL DESTINATION...

Prepare for another near death experience...

And Death isn't happy that you are avoiding death.

4. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Yeah, you be careful mate cos the grim reaper's gonna be after you! :lol: Sucks man. I had a girlfriend once who almost died in a liver transplant. That was before I met her though :blah:

5. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

the first one sounds close, although the 2nd doesnt sound like near death? just you feel off... I doubt you could of killed yourself not unless you were doing something you shouldnt!

6. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

everytime i get in my mums car tbh,(And im not complaining about the car) :hehe:

7. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Sorry dude, but neither of those things are anywhere near lethal. Unless you are 80+ or have a serious heart condition.

240V won't kill you. It's a bit uncomfortable but having the standard voltage for UK homes at a lethal level would not be clever.

8. quack

quack Minimodder

It's not the voltage that'd kill you anyway, it's the amperage. You can kill yourself with a 9v battery.

9. mushky

mushky gimme snails

guide please :)

10. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

But if he picked up the cable in his left hand, and grounded through one of his legs, the charge would have gone across the heart, so could have been serious.

I touch death every day. I cycle to work. :sigh:

11. quack

quack Minimodder

12. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Would serve him right for wearing metal shoes tbh.

13. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

true :(

14. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

i still think both could have been fatal.

depends if theres a car right behind you...
    or if you touch it with your palm or something....

death might be after me :O

third time lucky? i avoided 'death' today so im ok... i think :worried: :waah:

15. dom_

dom_ --->

try sitting on a car bonnet in a field, mats gets in car and flaws it. i hold on for dear life screaming to stop. he slams breaks on. i FLY off head lands on a pile of bricks.
    it went all dark and i thought to myself im dying now.

woke up a few hours later in hospital :S

16. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

sounds fun... and painful. mostly fun.

17. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

1987 Geo Prizm @ 65 mph + big light pole.
    I was sitting in the front passenger seat and everybody walked away.
    Now that is lucky.
    [EDIT] And if I'm not mistaken, it only takes .7 amps at any voltageto kill you [/EDIT]

18. Rolo

Rolo Minimodder

dont think i posted the full story about it, but was in a car crash in america (while i was there working on a summer camp)

was wet, coming round a left bend, had been raining that day (pretty much the only day in two weeks) so road is a bit greasy. deer comes out and driver swerves. we skid both ways before rolling the car almost twice. HOW we all walked from it i do not know, the firemen arrived and asked if we knew who was in the car cos they thought people would be stuck inside. Fortunately we did all walk, all with bumps n bruises but severely shaken up, although for some reason we absolutely pissed ourselves when we were stood outside the car looking at it. Ironically it was the camp nurse that was driving, she had a dislocated shoulder and i had a broken acromion and cuts all up my back (a couple have scarred :-/) but thankfully that was it apart from a rather large concussion to go with it.
    just incase you dont know where the acromion is (i wouldnt have before the accident!) then heres a pic:
    [​IMG]

personally, pretty bad, ive been to hospital with a suspected broken neck/back before with rugby too, that was pretty bad. im all ship shape these days (about 5-6 weeks after the accident) but i dont know how rugby will be this season as ive already dislocated that shoudler as well, id assume it'll now be pretty weak :(

anyway, im sure theres worse, and like webby, id not like to get buzzed by 240v again either, once was enough!

19. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

When a deer jumps out in front if you, you haven't got any hope of stopping in time, the best thing to do is to take your foot of the gas and plow into it. Otherwise, a crash is almost certain. The lesser of two evils, I suppose.

What happened to us is it was was winter in Minnesota and it had just warmed up a bit and all the snow turned to ice. We were going down a back road in Woodbury to go to a friend's house and we slip on some ice. To add to the problems, my friend Jake got his foot stuck in the accelerator. There wasn't much to stop us, and we were actually going faster. Then, all the sudden, the car stop, and all the windows break from the body of the car being compressed so much. Overall, the car was about 3 feet shorter. Anyway, all of us crawl out of our windows. I had glass from the windows in my mouth. About 10 seconds after we get out, the car starts on fire. All of us were kinda stunned. After we were done freaking out, we called a cab and went home. Everybody crashed at my place and I went to work the next day. Why? Because I actually cared about my job at the time. I have since quit and I work with my friend.

20. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Yeah it depends on the the person, but its always the current that kills. Why isnt it that a stun gun with hundreds of thousands of volts wont kill you but house hold mains will? Normally a few hundred milliamps is sufficiant to meet your maker.