Greetings from Greece. After a long break of about 3 years I return to modding and I am starting with project "Necromancer". It is a system with a theme inspired by the necromancer class from diablo 3 with custom watercooling and 3d printed accesories. I would like to thank Cooler Master that has agreed to support the project from the very start with a partial sponsorship! Parts list: Case: Cooler Master MC500M Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WiFi CPU: Intel i7 8700k RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32GB DDR4-3200MHz GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Aero 8G OC Storage: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 500GB + Sandisk Ultra II 240 Sata 3 SSD + 2TB WD Black PSU: Corsair RM 750i Water cooling: EK Fluid Gaming A240G + EK-FG 240 expansion pack Optical drive: Pioneer Blu-Ray 3D Recorder Dual Layer Accessories: Cooler Master vertical GPU holder with riser cable, 3x CoolerMaster MasterFan MF120R RGB 120mm Some parts were delivered at the workshop, so let's start assembly and testing. First test mount of the motherboard in the case First small mod was to remove the orange colored stripe at the back io cover. I think I will give it a second try to remove the color completely. Black motherboard, RGB lights and an orange stripe on a cover? Dear Gigabyte, why? You are forgiven though, because it is a great motherboard in general. Ready to start sleeving the cables and I am greeted with the following "delightful" sight. It is a known issue "caps on cables are ugly no matter what you do" and of course the capacitors are there for the voltage ripple. It is not a major issue if you remove the caps, but the less fiddling I do with the cables, the better for everyone. There is a workaround I decided to do. (more info later on) I started with the 8-pin for the motherboard, with the classic trick of using tape on fingers to be able to pinch-press hot-molten paracord without getting burned. I left the cap visible, because I will 3d print a cable cover that will mount with screws on the top radiator fans and also act as a cable and water cooling tubing guide. Although as long as I don't have the water cooling parts, I can't get measurements and dimensions to start designing the cover. So I started designing a cover for the front USB cables and 24-pin making a few test prints to test the fit on each design step. RAM sticks arrived and I got a mat black vinyl sticker. I cut some white acrylic-plexiglass, that I sanded with 800 grit sandpaper to make it have a mat finish. Also I 3d printed a fan grill I designed for the fan at the back. Right now the build is at the following state. Next small steps while I wait for the rest of the hardware to be delivered: -Short video timelapse of the build log so far. (recording is done, I just need to edit the footage) -Continue the design of the front cable cover to also hide the blu-ray drive sata cables. -Make the GPU cable have a single 6+2pin connector at the end and not dual daisy chained connectors like the stock configuration is. I expect to get the GPU in about 3 days, the NVMe SSD in 2 and the water cooling parts next week. That is all for now. Valar makeris!