1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Need 775 MOBO - To overclock E5200 above 3.0 and Integrated Graphics

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by UberTiger, 17 Sep 2009.

1. UberTiger

UberTiger What's a Dremel?

Hey, can anyone recommend a mobo for the above?

Trying not to worry about getting a graphics card as the user won't be playing games.

They also like their music and I think they're sound system uses coaxial - any mobo's with that on too so they don't need a separate soundcard?

Thanks.

2. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Why does the person want to OC when they're not playing games?

Everyone on Bit recommends the Gigabyte GA-EP43 for 775, give that a try? I don't know about a mobo with coax audio though. I think there might have been a 775 mobo with a Creative X-Fi onboard, but I don't really remember..

3. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Boards with integrated graphics chips tend to be low end ones and not that good at overclocking. As docudine has said why would you need to overclock to 3ghz if this machine isnt going to be used for games?

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

To be fair, 3 GHz isn't much of an overclock for an E5200 (I've seen them at 3.6GHz+ before; the 12.5 multi helps so you don't need a high FSB), and you'd be silly not to overclock it. All it needs to do is bump the FSB from 200 to 240 and you're away - I'm sure there's plenty of boards with an IGP that can manage that (I don't really know any off the top of my head, sorry).