1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Need advice on a new flash drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fyve, 14 Feb 2009.

1. Fyve

Fyve What's a Dremel?

Hey guys,
    I'll make this quick: I had a 1GB usb flash drive for backing up all my school files, miscellaneous files, etc. And it just recently failed, is annoying since it is the easiest way to bring files back and forth to school...

So do you guys have any advice on a usb flash drive that would be durable enough to survive life in a pocket on a keychain (MUST go on keychain, other wise I will lose it :grr: ). Some good transfer rates would be nice, but not a nescessity.

Thanks

Last edited: 14 Feb 2009
  2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I've got a couple of the rubberized Corsair ones, they seem to hold up well. I keep an 8GB on my keychain.

3. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I have a couple Sandisk micro cruzer a 2GB & 4GB model, it's great they have a sliding USB end instead of being capped. The main reason why I bought them.

Plus it's U3 compatible, which will allow you to run programs straight from the flash drive without touching the computer. Awesome if you want to use your own Firefox on another computer.

4. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Any drive can do that with a portable version of the program; I don't like U3, limited range of free apps.

Just go for a known brand, they're dirt cheap these days. A one-piece (capless) design is best for keyring use, nothing to fall off.

5. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

I have a 4gb SanDisk and its great.

Treat it like crap and it keeps commin back :)

6. klutch4891

klutch4891 What's a Dremel?

+1 for the Sandisk models. I have one thats been through the wash a few times and it still works fine. Plus they're dirt cheap now days.

7. Akava

Akava Lurking...

For durability the Corsair Survivor wins every time. How ever the rubberised Voyagers are pretty awesome too.

8. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

corsair voyager, bounces like a rugby ball when you drop it! :p

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

haha ive got a disgo lite 64mb which consists on super glue and epoxy glue in places. Dipped the PCB assembly in epoxy to water proof the sod, the case looks as if i sand blasted it with bricks!

64mb sounds like a joke now, may aswell be carrying a floppy disc! ROFL!